Please note that generally you may only make one grant application per round and only be in receipt of one grant at a time. In some circumstances, it may be possible to apply for more. Please contact the Grants Team on 01273 409440 if you would like to discuss applying for an additional grant.
1. Application forms: which one to use
We have one general application form for most of our funds. You can access our general application form in the following ways:
- Download and save the application form in Word format. Complete the form and email your completed application and supporting documents (in Word, if possible) by clicking here. If you are unable to email your application, you may send it to us at: Sussex Community Foundation, 15 Western Road, Lewes BN7 1RL.
- Request the application form is posted or e-mailed to you. Please contact the Grants Team on 01273 409440 or e-mail us.
- Complete the application form online from this website. Please see section 3 further down this page.
Occasionally, a fund will have a separate application form and any such funds will be listed below:
- Cragwood Fund (Large Grants) application form and criteria
- East Brighton Trust application form and criteria
- Hastings & Rother Reducing Health Inequalities Fund application form and guidance notes.
- Westdene Fund application form and criteria
All completed applications must be received at our offices by 5.00 p.m. on the deadline.
2. Supporting documents which you will need to provide
All applications received must be accompanied by copies of the required supporting documents (including signed copies of your constitution and accounts) by the relevant deadline. Here is a checklist of the documents you will need to provide:
- a signed copy of your latest annual accounts
- a signed copy of your constitution or set of rules (if you are a CIC, please supply your CIC 34 report)
- if applying for a grant to purchase equipment, please send copies of written estimates or catalogue pages
- a photocopy of one bank statement from the last three months
- the names and addresses of all management committee members, with cheque signatories identified.
Depending on the nature of the project or activity, we will need you to send us the following, where relevant:
- child protection or vulnerable adult protection policy (if you are working with these groups)
- health and safety policy
- equal opportunities statement.
If you have made a recent application for a grant, you may not need to re-send your supporting documents. Please call to check or make a note of this on your application. We will contact you to confirm we have received your application and if we need any further information.
You should hear whether your application has been successful around 8 weeks after the deadline.
3. Accessing our online general application form
If you wish to apply online you can do so by following this link. You will then be asked to confirm your registration, accept our terms and conditions and confirm your email address. Once you have done this and clicked ‘Proceed’, your registration will be confirmed on-screen and you will be sent an email with a link to the online form. Clicking the link will open the application so you can complete the form online. This is your own copy of the form and you should use the link to save and resume the application process. You can do this at any time up until the point that the application is submitted. You will find the option to ‘Save as Draft’ at the end of the form. Please note that a ‘log-in’ is not required to use our online form.
Our online form allows you to submit your supporting documents as electronic attachments at the same time as the application form. You will find an ‘Attachments’ button at the end of the form which will reveal the attachment upload panel. You can of course still send your documents separately in hard copy if you prefer.
When you are ready to send us your application, click on ‘Submit’ at the end of the form. If there are any required fields which have not been filled in, these will be highlighted and you will be asked to complete them. Once this has been done, please submit your form. You will then receive an acknowledgement of your application, together with a copy of the application to keep for your records.