Sussex Community Foundation has welcomed a new chairman in the same week that the charity announced it has raised £10 million in support of charities and community groups across Sussex.
Friday 20 July is the deadline for applications for our next grants round. We award grants to charities and community groups in East and West Sussex and Brighton and Hove and, since 2006, we have awarded grants worth £4 million to 1,800 charities and community groups. “We are particularly interested in supporting smaller community-based groups where a small grant can make a huge difference,” said Kevin Richmond of the Sussex Community Foundation. “The majority of our grants are in the region of £1,000 to £5,000 and groups do not have to be a registered charity to apply.” Funds giving out cash this time around include:
· the Brenda Ford Fund that specifically funds groups in Sussex supporting people suffering from or at risk of domestic abuse and
· Southern Water that is giving out grants of between £500 and £2,000 to community Garden and allotment projects across Sussex.
Other grants available with a 20 July deadline are:
· Seedcorn Fund
· Comic Relief Local Communities programme
· Marit and Hans Rausing Fund
· Cullum Family Trust
· William Reed Fund
· Paul Rooney Fund
· SCF Grassroots Endowment Funds
· Lisbet Rausing Fund
· Westdene Fund
· Gatwick Sports Legacy Fund
Monday 18 June 2012